Fri, 05 Oct 2012
I have Debian working on a QNAP TS-259 Pro+. I should have made this document as I was setting up the NAS the first time, but I had so many headaches and reinstallations that I couldn't concentrate on it at the time. I can't actually remember the details of all the steps I followed. The basic overview is:
- Backup DOM from within the QNAP firmware.
- Install Debian netinst.iso from a boot disk.
- Setup /dev/md0 during installation as ext3.
- Setup /boot to the DOM as ext2.
- Install GRUB2 manually on the DOM. /boot will not be RAIDed.
You should be able to piece it together from the help files here: